Definition of resource :
1. Pecuniary means; funds; money, or any property that can be converted into supplies; available means or capabilities of any kind.
2. That to which one resorts orr on which one depends for supply or support; means of overcoming a difficulty; resort; expedient.
recourse, choice, resort, preference, vision, capital, resourcefulness, supply, fortune, alternative, wealth, imagery, pick, asset, imaging, mean, mental imagery, source, ability, election, stock, imaginativeness, imagination, artifice, owned, means, refuge, device, wherewithal, expedient, support, option, store, help, stratagem, relief
- As a last resource we may consider communication with the Lord Giovanni. - "The Shame of Motley", Raphael Sabatini.
- As a last resource, young Aveleyn was called down from the mast- head. - "Newton Forster", Frederick Marryat.
- He seemed my natural resource, but my cousin would be there. - "Hugh Wynne, Free Quaker", S. Weir Mitchell.