Definition of respect:
- An expression of respect of deference; regards; as, to send one's respects to another.
- Consideration; motive; interest.
- Esteem; regard; consideration; honor.
- Particular; point regarded; point of view; as, in this respect; in any respect; in all respects.
- Relation; reference; regard.
- Reputation; repute.
- The act of noticing with attention; the giving particular consideration to; hence, care; caution.
- To consider worthy of esteem; to regard with honor.
- To have regard to; to have reference to; to relate to; as, the treaty particularly respects our commerce.
- To look toward; to front upon or toward.
- To regard; to consider; to deem.
- To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed.
compliments, approve, reward, honor, extol, measure, paying attention, abide by, wish, keep, observe, respectfulness, prise, complaisance, appreciate, attentiveness, pry, take to be, find, gaze, valuate, enjoy, jimmy, heed, prize, rate, mention, regard as, notice, wonder, note, assess, consider, treasure, deference, remark, follow, repute, detect, honour, discover, watch over, look on, compliancy, maintain, obligingness, applaud, take note, evaluate, regard, lever, value, keep an eye on, celebrate, think of, praise, look upon, obedience, delight in, esteem, appraise, watch.
compliance (part of speech: noun)
- affection (part of speech: noun)
- comply (part of speech: verb)
- respect (part of speech: verb)
- worship (part of speech: verb)