Definition of respect :
1. An expression of respect of deference; regards; as, to send one's respects to another.
2. Consideration; motive; interest.
3. Esteem; regard; consideration; honor.
4. Particular; point regarded; point of view; as, in this respect; in any respect; in all respects.
5. Relation; reference; regard.
6. Reputation; repute.
7. The act of noticing with attention; the giving particular consideration to; hence, care; caution.
8. To consider worthy of esteem; to regard with honor.
9. To have regard to; to have reference to; to relate to; as, the treaty particularly respects our commerce.
10. To look toward; to front upon or toward.
11. To regard; to consider; to deem.
12. To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed.
heed, delight in, think of, compliments, take to be, watch, detect, keep, find, prize, note, abide by, lever, look upon, respectfulness, watch over, pry, take note, keep an eye on, attentiveness, treasure, reward, appreciate, follow, extol, regard as, notice, complaisance, valuate, compliancy, repute, wish, applaud, remark, prise, obligingness, look on, honour, maintain, praise, measure, mention, rate, appraise, gaze, enjoy, discover, value, evaluate, consider, celebrate, assess, jimmy, wonder, approve, paying attention
compliance (part of speech: noun)
conformance, obeisance, homage, deference, acceptance, meekness, fulfillment, conformity, capitulation, agreement, submission, resignation, obedience, willingness, adherence, compliance, fealty, concurrence, observance, submissiveness, servility, affirmation, acquiescence, genuflection
affection (part of speech: noun)
comply (part of speech: verb)
cave, fulfill, submit, kowtow, surrender, capitulate, assent, consent, observe, accept, succumb, comply, defer, cede, adhere, genuflect, bend, obey, conform, bow, concur, yield, agree, acquiesce, knuckle under
respect (part of speech: verb)
worship (part of speech: verb)
duty, dignify, awe, idolization, faithfulness, deify, devoutness, cultism, cherish, adoration, worship, piety, religion, ardency, pray, exalt, adore, idolize, prayer, devotion, deification, devote, exaltation