Definition of respectful:
reverencing, duteous, attentive, taking thought for, showing respect for, reverential, regarding, deferring to, regardful, appreciative, deferential, upholding, deferent, attending, resist, dutiful, honorific, obeisant, valuing, recognizing, dutiful, venerating, revering.
- courteous (part of speech: adjective)
- respectful (part of speech: adjective)
- worshipful (part of speech: adjective)
- compliant (part of speech: adjective)
- "Adventures of Bindle", Herbert George Jenkins.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
I dare to say that you, my dear father, you and all my family, do great injustice to the king, my husband; and I trust the time will come when you will be convinced that you have done him injustice, and then you will ever find in him, as well as in myself, the most respectful and affectionate of children."- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.