Definition of respiration:
- Interval; intermission.
- Relief from toil or suffering: rest.
- The act of resping or breathing; the act of taking in and giving out air; the aggregate of those processes bu which oxygen is introduced into the system, and carbon dioxide, or carbonic acid, removed.
- The act of respiring or breathing again, or catching one's breath.
- "Charlotte's Inheritance", M. E. Braddon.
- "The Boy With the U. S. Life-Savers", Francis Rolt-Wheeler.
- "Physiology and Hygiene for Secondary Schools", Francis M. Walters, A.M..