Definition of response:
- A kind of anthem sung after the lessons of matins and some other parts of the office.
- A repetition of the given subject in a fugue by another part on the fifth above or fourth below.
- An answer or reply.
- Reply to an objection in formal disputation.
- The act of responding.
- The answer of the people or congregation to the priest or clergyman, in the litany and other parts of divine service.
- defense (part of speech: noun)
- answer (part of speech: noun)
- feeling (part of speech: noun)
- response (part of speech: noun)
- retaliation (part of speech: noun)
- "Zibeline, Complete", Phillipe de Massa Last Updated: March 2, 2009.
- "Astounding Stories of Super-Science, March 1930", Various.
- "Some Experiences of an Irish R.M.", E. OE. Somerville Martin Ross.