Definition of responsible:
- Able to respond or answer for one's conduct and obligations; trustworthy, financially or otherwise; as, to have a responsible man for surety.
- Involving responsibility; involving a degree of accountability on the part of the person concerned; as, a responsible office.
- Liable to respond; likely to be called upon to answer; accountable; answerable; amenable; as, a guardian is responsible to the court for his conduct in the office.
guilty, tried, capable, rational, unconstrained, liable, engaged, subject, censurable, upright, self-reliant, responsible for, bonded, bound, trusty, dutiful, honest, chargeable, pledged, tied, capricious, solid, amenable, firm, irresponsible, held, steady, qualified, steadfast, culpable, answerable, trustworthy, reliable, dependable, unstable, loyal, stable, obliged, law, constrained, accountable, creditworthy, obligated, able, competent, faithful, efficient, trust, judicious, free, sound, causative.
- causative (part of speech: adjective)
- susceptible (part of speech: adjective)
- vigilant (part of speech: adjective)
- attentive (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Border Boys Across the Frontier", Fremont B. Deering.
- "Love's Usuries", Louis Creswicke.
- "Charlotte's Inheritance", M. E. Braddon.