Definition of rest :
1. A place where one may rest, either temporarily, as in an inn, or permanently, as, in an abode.
2. A projection from the right side of the cuirass, serving to support the lance.
3. A set or game at tennis.
4. A short pause in reading verse; a csura.
5. A state of quiet or repose; a cessation from motion or labor; tranquillity; as, rest from mental exertion; rest of body or mind.
6. A surplus held as a reserved fund by a bank to equalize its dividends, etc.; in the Bank of England, the balance of assets above liabilities.
7. Hence, freedom from everything which wearies or disturbs; peace; security.
8. Silence in music or in one of its parts; the name of the character that stands for such silence. They are named as notes are, whole, half, quarter, etc.
9. Sleep; slumber; hence, poetically, death.
10. That on which anything rests or leans for support; as, a rest in a lathe, for supporting the cutting tool or steadying the work.
11. That which is left, or which remains after the separation of a part, either in fact or in contemplation; remainder; residue.
12. The striking of a balance at regular intervals in a running account.
13. Those not included in a proposition or description; the remainder; others.
14. To arrest.
15. To be free from whanever wearies or disturbs; to be quiet or still.
16. To be left; to remain; to continue to be.
17. To be satisfied; to acquiesce.
18. To cease from action or motion, especially from action which has caused weariness; to desist from labor or exertion.
19. To lay or place at rest; to quiet.
20. To lean in confidence; to trust; to rely; to repose without anxiety; as, to rest on a man's promise.
21. To lie; to repose; to recline; to lan; as, to rest on a couch.
22. To place, as on a support; to cause to lean.
23. To sleep; to slumber; hence, poetically, to be dead.
24. To stand firm; to be fixed; to be supported; as, a column rests on its pedestal.
simplicity, relief, end, symmetry, at rest, recess, watch, junk, assuagement, last out, allegro, halt, correspondence, anticipate, exist, bier, counterweight, and damn the consequences/expense etc., snoozing, inhabit, light, inactive, cortege, dwell, stick, relaxation behavior, abide, break, appease, make out, z's, backup, landfill, relaxation method, oddment, put, confront, pick out, outride, equipoise, substitute, undisturbed, liberalization, pass off, reliever, domiciliate, occupy, time out, breathe, balance wheel, stick around, sculptural relief, catnapping, put down, in for a penny, in for a pound, stanchion, succour, lay, passing, roost, embossment, stiff, if it kills you, bass clef, stay on, crescendo, bar, take a breather, relievo, counterpoint, equalizer, stand-in, suspension, equilibrium, bide, glimpse, e-waste, ashes, extinction, deadlock, litter, support, domicile, dozing, breathing space, decompression, shack, sopor, waste, observe, quietus, arr., resting, lie down, discontinuance, interval, consist, descant, moderation, silence, stationary, remainder, cadence, expect, fill-in, peace of mind, residuum, slackening, debris, catch one's breath, inert, surplus, won't take no for an answer, difference, garbage, start, persist, turn on, perch, if it's the last thing I do, base, loosening, wild horses couldn't..., dissolution, gantry, while away, pile, recumb, arpeggio, alight, stay put, respite, box, scaffold, heartsease, alleviation, sit back, lodge, eternal sleep, counterbalance, simpleness, place, concentrate, ataraxis, cremate, clef, reprieve, bury, laze, live, easing, idle away, belong, hang on, seat, trestle, tarry, casket, proportionality, ruin, con brio, quell, pillow, motionless, ...or bust, accompaniment, detain, continue, prop, buttress, bar line, get, excerpt, hush, quietude, endure, remnant, immobile, bask, foundation, flourish, tranquillity, framework, turn upon, residue, sit, hiatus, respire, con amore, easement, spot, joist, frame, delay, lounge around, see, bed, andante, tolerate, coffin, catch, coda, position, lodge in, comfort, shut-eye, recline, breather, abatement, recharge your batteries, hang upon, excess, rafter, bottom, adagio, set, liberalisation, trash, curtain, witness, set out, backup man, proportion, eternal rest, activity, fall, rilievo, take a breath, fixity, await, lie, where there's a will, there's a way, pillar, emit, burial, reside, cessation, inertia, bear, succor, rest period, ministration, remains, slumbering, pedestal, balance, remain, retreat, cremains, lull, suspire, intermission, there's no stopping someone, equaliser, wind down, continuance, sedentary, napping, there is/are etc., static, informality, symmetricalness, ride out, breakbeat, residual, decease, counterpoise, sojourn, lie in, easiness
inaction (part of speech: noun)
calm (part of speech: noun)
rest (part of speech: verb)
motionlessness (part of speech: noun)
repose (part of speech: verb)
peace (part of speech: noun)
nonresistance, truce, quiescence, orderliness, repose, concord, accord, peace, friendliness, amity, placidness, calm, neutrality, armistice, quietness, serenity, tranquility, cease-fire, quiet, order, nonaggression
death (part of speech: noun)
relax (part of speech: verb)
leisure (part of speech: noun)
stagnate (part of speech: verb)