Definition of result:
- A flying back; resilience.
- That which results; the conclusion or end to which any course or condition of things leads, or which is obtained by any process or operation; consequence or effect; as, the result of a course of action; the result of a mathematical operation.
- The decision or determination of a council or deliberative assembly; a resolve; a decree.
- To come out, or have an issue; to terminate; to have consequences; - followed by in; as, this measure will result in good or in evil.
- To leap back; to rebound.
- To proceed, spring, or rise, as a consequence, from facts, arguments, premises, combination of circumstances, consultation, thought, or endeavor.
impart, forget, end, leave alone, termination, arrangement, solvent, consequent, topic, expiry, vector sum, run, payoff, go out, attend, top, yield, moment, issuance, government issue, returns, solution, force, final result, conduct, corollary, bequeath, determination, military issue, expiration, impression, dissolver, go away, pull up stakes, takings, import, core, finish, guide, emanation, allow for, precede, direct, conclusion, end product, will, publication, resultant role, solving, answer, ending, resolve, ensue, sequel, event, egress, closure, issue, depart, entrust, provide, declaration, backlash, chair, firmness of purpose, determination, resolving power, root, decision, settlement, matter, outcome, lead, reply, dissolving agent, resolution, backwash, case, return, ask, harvest, head, consummation, ramification, essence, progeny, way out, consequence, moderate, repercussion, end point, dissolvent, fallout, issuing, gist, pass on, terminus, give, firmness, get out, fruition, leave behind, go forth, burden, contribute, resultant, cause, sequent, go, precipitate, effect, leave, response, take, resolving, outlet, exit, outcropping, resoluteness, upshot, resolvent, subject, completion, proceeds, allow, endpoint, conduce, emergence, ensual, extend, denouement, number, pass.
- effect (part of speech: noun)
- follow (part of speech: verb)
- ensue (part of speech: verb)