Definition of result :
1. A flying back; resilience.
2. That which results; the conclusion or end to which any course or condition of things leads, or which is obtained by any process or operation; consequence or effect; as, the result of a course of action; the result of a mathematical operation.
3. The decision or determination of a council or deliberative assembly; a resolve; a decree.
4. To come out, or have an issue; to terminate; to have consequences; - followed by in; as, this measure will result in good or in evil.
5. To leap back; to rebound.
6. To proceed, spring, or rise, as a consequence, from facts, arguments, premises, combination of circumstances, consultation, thought, or endeavor.
government issue, outcropping, depart, burden, issuing, contribute, solution, end point, publication, leave, sequel, resolving, impart, solvent, number, will, root, guide, way out, go out, ending, force, finish, pull up stakes, decision, go, resolvent, matter, provide, solving, precede, resolution, gist, payoff, dissolvent, essence, emergence, get out, arrangement, moderate, impression, pass on, corollary, firmness, run, exit, sequent, end, answer, go forth, lead, bequeath, settlement, declaration, go away, ask, resultant, resolving power, chair, takings, resultant role, leave behind, repercussion, forget, topic, dissolver, top, ramification, consequent, determination, emanation, progeny, proceeds, subject, completion, extend, precipitate, fallout, military issue, ensual, entrust, conclusion, conduct, dissolving agent, yield, resolve, denouement, harvest, direct, backlash, returns, expiration, outlet, case, pass, final result, issuance, cause, response, terminus, allow for, vector sum, conduce, moment, attend, end product, return, reply, backwash, allow, import, consummation, give, resoluteness, core, firmness of purpose, endpoint, egress, expiry, take, leave alone, head, closure, termination, fruition
effect (part of speech: noun)
follow (part of speech: verb)
ensue (part of speech: verb)