Definition of resurrection:
- A rising again; the resumption of vigor.
- Especially, the rising again from the dead; the resumption of life by the dead; as, the resurrection of Jesus Christ; the general resurrection of all the dead at the Day of Judgment.
- State of being risen from the dead; future state.
- The cause or exemplar of a rising from the dead.
start, Easter, beginning, rebirth, conception, cardinal sin, appearance, canonical, the Creation, the Crucifixion, salvation, renaissance, starting point, revival, canon law, commandment, rejuvenescence, rejuvenation, introduction, awareness, reactivation, onset, the Cross, revitalization, creationism, revivification, renascence, renewal, resurgence, commencement, Eden, resuscitation, the Fall, Judgment Day, regeneration, arrival, outset, reanimation.
- "Scenes of Clerical Life", George Eliot.
- "The New Theology", R. J. Campbell.
- "Esther", Henry Adams.