Definition of retail:
- Done at retail; engaged in retailing commodities; as a retail trade; a retail grocer.
- The sale of commodities in small quantities or parcels; - opposed to wholesale; sometimes, the sale of commodities at second hand.
- To distribute in small portions or at second hand; to tell again or to many ( what has been told or done); to report; as, to retail slander.
- To sell at second hand.
- To sell in small quantities, as by the single yard, pound, gallon, etc.; to sell directly to the consumer; as, to retail cloth or groceries.
- "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed.", S. A. Reilly.
- "Richard Dare's Venture", Edward Stratemeyer.
- "Mr. Midshipman Easy", Captain Frederick Marryat.