Definition of retaining:
confining, owning, securing, remembering, taking, comprehending, arresting, holding back, saving, holding, sustaining, employing, keeping back, curbing, accommodating, possessing, cherishing, restraining, hiring, commemorating, engaging, treasuring, admitting, retentive, receiving.
- gripping (part of speech: verb)
- withdrawing (part of speech: verb)
- retaining (part of speech: verb)
It would not have been sooner believed here than another Story I have heard, that a certain french Politician of Consideration in America had expressd his high Displeasure with Mr S A for stiring up his Countrymen to attend to the Importance of our retaining a Common Right to the Newfd Ld fishery.- "The Original Writings of Samuel Adams, Volume 4", Samuel Adams.
- "Wild Justice: Stories of the South Seas", Lloyd Osbourne.
- "The Captive in Patagonia", Benjamin Franklin Bourne.