Definition of retention:
- Place of custody or confinement.
- That which contains something, as a tablet; a of preserving impressions.
- The act of retaining, or the state of being ratined.
- The act of withholding; retraint; reserve.
- The power of retaining; retentiveness.
- The right of withholding a debt, or of retaining property until a debt due to the person claiming the right be duly paid; a lien.
- "Seasoning of Wood", Joseph B. Wagner.
- "The Future of International Law", Lassa Oppenheim.
- "The Blue Germ", Martin Swayne.