Definition of retribution:
- payment (part of speech: noun)
- atonement (part of speech: noun)
- penalty (part of speech: noun)
- punishment (part of speech: noun)
- retaliation (part of speech: noun)
- "Sages and Heroes of the American Revolution", L. Carroll Judson.
We learned that after we had left the Notu people killed and ate two runaway carriers from the Kumusi, and after indulging in a great feast, fled and deserted their villages, so our late cannibalistic allies evidently feared retribution at our hands.- "Wanderings Among South Sea Savages And in Borneo and the Philippines", H. Wilfrid Walker.
- "Jerusalem", Selma Lagerlöf.