Definition of retrieve:
- A seeking again; a discovery.
- The recovery of game once sprung; - an old sporting term.
- To discover and bring in game that has been killed or wounded; as, a dog naturally inclined to retrieve.
- To find again; to recover; to regain; to restore from loss or injury; as, to retrieve one's character; to retrieve independence.
- To recall; to bring back.
- To remedy the evil consequence of, to repair, as a loss or damadge.
discover, think of, call-back, find oneself, lift, be cured _or_ healed, consider, improve, revitalize, study at recover, witness, recover, get back, find out, repossess, bark, save, find, cure, remember, keep (a) watch, win back, mobilize, hark back, believe, watch over, browse, recruit, reanimate, snap, return, withdraw, recall, bay, shield, line up, conceive, correct, defend, restore, reckon, go back, boost, faithful, call up, notice, wag, think back, beg, resume, rally, recoup, get hold, improve on, commemorate, guess, suppose, burn in, recuperate, bring back, call, reclaim, redeem, think, cerebrate, recoverable, enhance, come up, retake, intend, regain, detect, optimization, author, ascertain, come back, shelter, chance, bump, recapture, cogitate, see, feel, howl, stand up for, echo, enrich, access, heal, block, protect, reestablish, archive, re-collect, safeguard, cerebrate, opine, imagine, ring, mean, observe, recollect, remedy, determine, telephone, phone, be restored, encounter, mobilise, bring forward, burn, reacquire, rule, call in, commend, happen, back up, convalesce, slaver, guard.
Heaven help the man who fires and falls back- and if he can retrieve a bit of temporary solace from that poor substitute"- he jerked a forefinger toward the bottle-" then I say for Heaven's sake let him poison himself comfortably and welcome."- "The Tempering", Charles Neville Buck.
- "The Online World", Odd de Presno.
- "A Poor Man's House", Stephen Sydney Reynolds.