Definition of review :
1. A critical examination of a publication, with remarks; a criticism; a critique.
2. A lesson studied or recited for a second time.
3. A periodical containing critical essays upon matters of interest, as new productions in literature, art, etc.
4. A second or repeated view; a reexamination; a retrospective survey; a looking over again; as, a review of one's studies; a review of life.
5. An examination with a view to amendment or improvement; revision; as, an author's review of his works.
6. An inspection, as of troops under arms or of a naval force, by a high officer, for the purpose of ascertaining the state of discipline, equipments, etc.
7. The judicial examination of the proceedings of a lower court by a higher.
8. To go over and examine critically or deliberately.
9. To go over with critical examination, in order to discover exellences or defects; hence, to write a critical notice of; as, to review a new novel.
10. To look back; to make a review.
11. To make a formal or official examination of the state of, as troops, and the like; as, to review a regiment.
12. To reconsider; to revise, as a manuscript before printing it, or a book for a new edition.
13. To reexamine judically; as, a higher court may review the proceedings and judgments of a lower one.
14. To retrace; to go over again.
15. To view or see again; to look back on.
limited review, chair, convocation, followup, remodeling, revision, synopsis, negotiation, initiation, exchange, magazine, appraise, express, wrap up, reexamination, review article, round off, parade, inquest, due diligence, freshen up, speak out, commentary, reevaluate, summarize, retrospect, deliver, commencement, exploration, follow, mag, communicator, formulate, follow-up, consultation, discourse, thesis, round, evaluation, criticize, train, canvass, cram, banner headline, reassessment, recapitulation, polish, modification, revise, byline, book review, pronounce on, book, display, classified ad, paper, sum up, checkup, polish up, cheesecake, opinion, revamping, suss out, dissertation, commemoration, treatise, check out, run down, revue, check into, graduation, article, words, summary, synopsize, check over, difference, specialise, monitor, redirect examination, analysis, orate, alteration, freshen, artwork, brush up, induction, essay, sound off, column, specialize, rethink, fall over, reappraisal, reconsideration, look back, ceremony, articulate, investigation, abstract, run through, refashioning, take, variation, reflection, centerfold, check up on, file, address, redoing, comment, reexamine, remaking, serial, retread, dedication, look-see, brushup, march, epitomize, refresh, rag, refreshen, critical review, argument, come off, dedicate to, examen, search, recapitulate, look backward, surveil, revaluation, inaugurate, learn, talks, procession, outline, research, discussion, give, diurnal, zine, theme, look into, go over, audit, going-over, commemorate, state, go off, debate, exposition, ceremonial, air, reworking, lecture, recap, advice column, cavalcade, reconsider, palingenesis, retrospection, criticism, remark, cartoon, memorize, critique
examine (part of speech: verb)
publication (part of speech: noun)
gazette, newspaper, promulgation, periodical, publication, dissemination, bulletin, newsletter, promotion, advertisement, propaganda, herald, newsmagazine, handbill, brief, notice, circular, post, journalism, commercial, journal, report, broadcast, announcement, organ
inspection (part of speech: noun)
- Charter, of course, was delighted with the review of his second book. - "She Buildeth Her House", Will Comfort.
- My review of the progress I had made, when I looked back at my pages of manuscript, yielded all the encouragement I wanted to drive me on. - "The Queen of Hearts", Wilkie Collins Last Updated: January 3, 2009.
- A brief review is necessary to understand the situation. - "Sketches of the Covenanters", J. C. McFeeters.