Definition of review:
- A critical examination of a publication, with remarks; a criticism; a critique.
- A lesson studied or recited for a second time.
- A periodical containing critical essays upon matters of interest, as new productions in literature, art, etc.
- A second or repeated view; a reexamination; a retrospective survey; a looking over again; as, a review of one's studies; a review of life.
- An examination with a view to amendment or improvement; revision; as, an author's review of his works.
- An inspection, as of troops under arms or of a naval force, by a high officer, for the purpose of ascertaining the state of discipline, equipments, etc.
- The judicial examination of the proceedings of a lower court by a higher.
- To go over and examine critically or deliberately.
- To go over with critical examination, in order to discover exellences or defects; hence, to write a critical notice of; as, to review a new novel.
- To look back; to make a review.
- To make a formal or official examination of the state of, as troops, and the like; as, to review a regiment.
- To reconsider; to revise, as a manuscript before printing it, or a book for a new edition.
- To reexamine judically; as, a higher court may review the proceedings and judgments of a lower one.
- To retrace; to go over again.
- To view or see again; to look back on.
inspection, check up on, check out, exposition, rethink, book, inaugurate, wrap up, thesis, commemoration, revise, difference, retrospection, canvass, exchange, going-over, parade, go off, procession, cartoon, reconsideration, speak out, article, theme, outline, run down, brush up, reexamination, debate, modification, fall over, state, look back, due diligence, check over, variation, retrospect, look-see, discussion, follow, rag, sum up, remodeling, memorize, learn, cavalcade, reconsider, commentary, redirect examination, file, address, reworking, retread, remaking, take, train, banner headline, refresh, column, artwork, centerfold, convocation, cheesecake, give, followup, summary, search, criticism, survey, refashioning, magazine, investigation, discourse, monitor, summarize, refreshen, reevaluate, go over, suss out, advice column, exploration, air, look backward, limited review, review article, communicator, book review, essay, lecture, articulate, comment, revision, chair, criticize, critical review, march, palingenesis, redoing, diurnal, abstract, inquest, ceremony, revaluation, formulate, display, zine, come off, critique, words, look into, polish up, recapitulation, negotiation, synopsize, recap, classified ad, synopsis, research, round off, reexamine, checkup, remark, dedicate to, evaluation, reassessment, polish, orate, specialize, specialise, byline, induction, consultation, argument, initiation, analysis, appraise, reappraisal, deliver, cram, freshen up, run through, surveil, revamping, reflection, check into, treatise, sound off, opinion, brushup, audit, graduation, dissertation, examen, paper, mag, serial, revue, express, dedication, recapitulate, freshen, round, talks, pronounce on, follow-up, commemorate, alteration, commencement, ceremonial, epitomize.
- examine (part of speech: verb)
- publication (part of speech: noun)
- inspection (part of speech: noun)
- "She Buildeth Her House", Will Comfort.
- "The Queen of Hearts", Wilkie Collins Last Updated: January 3, 2009.
- "Sketches of the Covenanters", J. C. McFeeters.