Definition of revise:
- A review; a revision.
- A second proof sheet; a proof sheet taken after the first or a subsequent correction.
- To compare ( a proof) with a previous proof of the same matter, and mark again such errors as have not been corrected in the type.
- To look at again for the detection of errors; to reexamine; to review; to look over with care for correction; as, to revise a writing; to revise a translation.
- To review, alter, and amend; as, to revise statutes; to revise an agreement; to revise a dictionary.
change, vary, fiat, revamping, specialize, scan, update, bring in, abolish, order, develop, rework, emendate, study, retool, reworking, renounce, look over, backpedal, learn, overhaul, review, abrogate, capitulate, modify, reverse, move with the times, specialise, make into, compare, revamp, change your mind, rescript, redoing, alteration, train, amendment, criminalize, adapt, edict, rewrite, reexamine, difference, cram, variation, decriminalize, refashioning, remodeling, convert, emend, codify, revize, redraft, backdate, research, decree, see reason/sense, take, transform, memorize, revisal, scrutinize, move on, edit, revision, turn into, come in, modification, remaking.
- "The Woman's Bible Part I. Comments on Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Part II. Comments on the Old and New Testaments from Joshua to Revelation.", Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
- "Community Civics and Rural Life", Arthur W. Dunn.
- "Life of Henry Martyn, Missionary to India and Persia, 1781 to 1812", Sarah J. Rhea.