Definition of revoke:
- Hence, to annul, by recalling or taking back; to repeal; to rescind; to cancel; to reverse, as anything granted by a special act; as, to revoke a will, a license, a grant, a permission, a law, or the like.
- The act of revoking.
- To call back to mind; to recollect.
- To call or bring back; to recall.
- To draw back; to withdraw.
- To fail to follow suit when holding a card of the suit led, in violation of the rule of the game; to renege.
- To hold back; to repress; to restrain.
nobble, renounce, change by reversal, swipe, purloin, expunge, remove, face-lift, overrule, vacate, turn, repeal, pilfer, hoist, override, knock over, bring up, quash, set aside, stamp out, move up, terminate, lift, plagiarize, void, renege, tump over, give up, invert, annul, rise, avoid, abstract, annihilate, make, come up, hook, filch, reverse, rustle, overturn, sneak, elevate, wind, raise, resign, snarf, airlift, rescind, go up, supplant, abrogate, exterminate, turn over, disown, erase, abjure, rear, abandon, counterorder, wipe out, overthrow, law, countermand, pinch, take back, cabbage, tip over, uprise, subvert, revolutionise, declare null and void, bowl over, continue, upset, turn back, get up, end, abate, arise, bring down, revolutionize, plagiarise, empty, prohibit, extirpate.
- annul (part of speech: verb)
- withdraw (part of speech: verb)
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "The Works of John Bunyan Volume 3", John Bunyan.
- "Vikram-and-the-Vampire-Classic-Hindu-Tales-of-Adventure-Magic-and-Romance", Burton, Isabel, Lady.