Definition of revolve:
- Hence, to turn over and over in the mind; to reflect repeatedly upon; to consider all aspects of.
- To cause to turn, as on an axis.
- To move in a curved path round a center; as, the planets revolve round the sun.
- To pass in cycles; as, the centuries revolve.
- To return; to pass.
- To turn or roll round on, or as on, an axis, like a wheel; to rotate, - which is the more specific word in this sense.
roll up, pluck, rotate, move, weigh, roll out, get around, splay, drift, wrap, orbit, deliberate, circumvolve, bypass, twine, turn out, short-circuit, think out, think, swan, cogitate, vagabond, undulate, flap, study, wave, tramp, ponder, go-around, cast, ramble, think over, repetition, roll, entertain, mull, meditate, excogitate, wind, chew on, outflank, turn over, consider, spread, roam, ruminate, rove, stray, hustle, orb, muse, seethe, contemplate, wander, twirl, think through, range, spread out, reflect, circle.
- "Afoot in England", W.H. Hudson.
- "Daybreak: A Romance of an Old World", James Cowan.
- "Autobiography of Friedrich Froebel", Friedrich Froebel.