Definition of rhubarb:
- The large and fleshy leafstalks of Rheum Rhaponticum and other species of the same genus. They are pleasantly acid, and are used in cookery. Called also pieplant.
- The name of several large perennial herbs of the genus Rheum and order Polygonaceae.
- The root of several species of Rheum, used much as a cathartic medicine.
set-to, kickup, donnybrook, polemic, imbroglio, argument, contretemps, altercation, debate, disagreement, controversy, quarrel, pieplant, word, rhubarb plant, bicker, brawl, battle royal, misunderstanding, fight, hassle, row, difficulty, tiff, clash, wrangle, run-in, spat, squabble, falling-out, conflict, tangle, dispute, contention, argy-bargy, cross fire, scrap, argle-bargle.
- "The Keeper of the Door", Ethel M. Dell.
- "If You're Going to Live in the Country", Thomas H. Ormsbee and Richmond Huntley.
- "The Dop Doctor", Clotilde Inez Mary Graves.