Definition of ribbon:
- A bearing similar to the bend, but only one eighth as wide.
- A fillet or narrow woven fabric, commonly of silk, used for trimming some part of a woman's attire, for badges, and other decorative purposes.
- A narrow strip or shred; as, a steel or magnesium ribbon; sails torn to ribbons.
- A silver.
- Driving reins.
- Same as Rib- band.
- To adorn with, or as with, ribbons; to mark with stripes resembling ribbons.
train of thought, strip, ornament, medal, medallion, trimming, thenar, fillet, thread, ornamentation, yarn, decoration, palm, screw thread, laurel wreath, typewriter ribbon, palm tree, bay wreath, fabric.
- "We Girls: A Home Story", Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney.
- "Old Church Lore", William Andrews.
- "Milly and Olly", Mrs. Humphry Ward.