Definition of rich:
- Abounding in agreeable or nutritive qualities; - especially applied to articles of food or drink which are high- seasoned or abound in oleaginous ingredients, or are sweet, luscious, and high- flavored; as, a rich dish; rich cream or soup; rich pastry.
- Abounding in beauty; gorgeous; as, a rich landscape; rich scenery.
- Abounding in humor; exciting amusement; entertaining; as, the scene was a rich one; a rich incident or character.
- Composed of valuable or costly materials or ingredients; procured at great outlay; highly valued; precious; sumptuous; costly; as, a rich dress; rich silk or fur; rich presents.
- Full of sweet and harmonius sounds; as, a rich voice; rich music.
- Having an abundance of material possessions; possessed of a large amount of property; well supplied with land, goods, or money; wealthy; opulent; affluent; - opposed to poor.
- Hence, in general, well supplied; abounding; abundant; copious; bountiful; as, a rich treasury; a rich entertainment; a rich crop.
- Not faint or delicate; vivid; as, a rich color.
- To enrich.
- Yielding large returns; productive or fertile; fruitful; as, rich soil or land; a rich mine.
heavy, prodigal, ridiculous, adequate, rich people, exuberant, lively, overflowing, bountiful, odd, resplendent, piquant, well-situated, gamy, enough, sonorous, vibrant, bright, abundant, valuable, unfruitful, bounteous, killing, well-to-do, inscrutable, poverty-stricken, filling, profuse, moneyed, colors, humorous, cryptical, gamey, bass, sweet, palatial, mystifying, luxurious, sizeable, fecund, full, liberal, lavish, large, gorgeous, affluent, sizable, colourful, entertaining, gay, fertile, preposterous, ritzy, racy, lush, high-toned, naughty, voluminous, plenteous, posh, risque, sumptuous, splendid, combustible, tasteful, generous, opulent, copious, sidesplitting, teeming, poor, deep, fancy, easy, chic, recondite, luscious, well-fixed, funny, savory, juicy, swell, plentiful, loaded, prolific, princely, well-off, sufficient, incongruous, ample, blue, satisfying, bearing, luxuriant, wealthy, magnificent, superb, plushy, amusing, thick, strong, abounding, snazzy, replete, generative, gilded, diverting, comical, ludicrous, cryptic, classy, cheap, lucullan, ingestion, plain, delicious, smart, fat, absurd, well-heeled, robust, full-bodied, elegant, flush, loud, queer, foolish, tony, fatty, creamy, sterile, mellow, comfortable, oily, productive, yielding, precious, droll, grand, light, strange, colorful, abstruse, plush, laughter, fruitful, prosperous, sharp, swank, farcical, swanky, complete, breeding, mysterious, deluxe, plain, harmonious, killing, succulent, spicy, stylish, hilarious.
- expensive (part of speech: adjective)
- colorful (part of speech: adjective)
- ornately spoken or written (part of speech: adjective)
- prosperous (part of speech: adjective)
- wealthy (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Very Naughty Girl", L. T. Meade.
- "What's Mine's Mine V1", George MacDonald.
- "The Honour of the Clintons", Archibald Marshall.