Definition of rich :
1. Abounding in agreeable or nutritive qualities; - especially applied to articles of food or drink which are high- seasoned or abound in oleaginous ingredients, or are sweet, luscious, and high- flavored; as, a rich dish; rich cream or soup; rich pastry.
2. Abounding in beauty; gorgeous; as, a rich landscape; rich scenery.
3. Abounding in humor; exciting amusement; entertaining; as, the scene was a rich one; a rich incident or character.
4. Composed of valuable or costly materials or ingredients; procured at great outlay; highly valued; precious; sumptuous; costly; as, a rich dress; rich silk or fur; rich presents.
5. Full of sweet and harmonius sounds; as, a rich voice; rich music.
6. Having an abundance of material possessions; possessed of a large amount of property; well supplied with land, goods, or money; wealthy; opulent; affluent; - opposed to poor.
7. Hence, in general, well supplied; abounding; abundant; copious; bountiful; as, a rich treasury; a rich entertainment; a rich crop.
8. Not faint or delicate; vivid; as, a rich color.
9. To enrich.
10. Yielding large returns; productive or fertile; fruitful; as, rich soil or land; a rich mine.
comical, laughter, complete, generative, bounteous, high-toned, piquant, lively, poverty-stricken, gorgeous, gamey, easy, ingestion, racy, enough, ridiculous, gamy, snazzy, full, swank, flush, resplendent, ludicrous, prolific, luxuriant, farcical, sonorous, loud, replete, inscrutable, breeding, palatial, profuse, funny, sterile, precious, satisfying, swanky, sizeable, large, cryptical, foolish, loaded, unfruitful, bass, sizable, heavy, humorous, classy, yielding, plushy, lush, vibrant, teeming, posh, well-fixed, voluminous, cheap, plush, sidesplitting, sumptuous, full-bodied, magnificent, colourful, valuable, tasteful, juicy, spicy, ample, queer, prodigal, blue, oily, savory, mellow, mysterious, naughty, lavish, princely, adequate, deep, plenteous, diverting, mystifying, delicious, grand, hilarious, light, abounding, fruitful, filling, preposterous, cryptic, killing, fecund, ritzy, plain, abstruse, bountiful, odd, liberal, thick, incongruous, well-heeled, succulent, colors, splendid, entertaining, sufficient, absurd, luscious, recondite, poor, exuberant, strong, smart, droll, bearing, strange, swell, amusing, fat, bright, fertile, stylish, risque, fatty, combustible, copious, harmonious, elegant, abundant, sharp, rich people, creamy, generous, robust, tony, overflowing, sweet, lucullan, chic, gay, productive, comfortable, superb, deluxe
expensive (part of speech: adjective)
colorful (part of speech: adjective)
ornately spoken or written (part of speech: adjective)
flamboyant, rococo, bombastic, gilded, flowery, ponderous, fancy, elaborate, ornate, baroque, inflated, grandiloquent, highfalutin, bloated, voluble, showy, lofty, splashy, high-sounding, embellished, eloquent, rhetorical, florid
prosperous (part of speech: adjective)
wealthy (part of speech: adjective)
- I am a very, very rich girl now. - "A Very Naughty Girl", L. T. Meade.
- Do they not respect the rich man because he is rich, and look down on the poor man because he is poor? - "What's Mine's Mine V1", George MacDonald.
- I believe he hates to think he has married a rich woman. - "The Honour of the Clintons", Archibald Marshall.