Definition of rig :
1. A blast of wind.
2. A ridge.
3. A romp; a wanton; one given to unbecoming conduct.
4. A sportive or unbecoming trick; a frolic.
5. Dress; esp., odd or fanciful clothing.
6. The peculiar fitting in shape, number, and arrangement of sails and masts, by which different types of vessels are distinguished; as, schooner rig, ship rig, etc. See Illustration in Appendix.
7. To dress; to equip; to clothe, especially in an odd or fanciful manner; - commonly followed by out.
8. To furnish with apparatus or gear; to fit with tackling.
9. To make free with; hence, to steal; to pilfer.
10. To play the wanton; to act in an unbecoming manner; to play tricks.
misrepresent, sic, pull strings, semitrailer, fishing rig, equipage, lay out, trickster, pitch, bail out, costumery, threads, cheating, coiffure, breakdown truck, falsify, set, prepare, tractor trailer, coach, materiel, define, widening, go under, do, rags, mark, entrap, clothing, order, rigging, perambulator, apparel, ambulance, install, control, carriage, clobber, pusher, boating, localise, bearing, the America's Cup, fit out, specify, electioneering, vesture, put up, arrange, cheater, canoe, fishing gear, furnish, cook, trailer truck, set up, camper van, ensnare, garments, correct, outturn, position, place, apparatus, plant, jell, by-election, establish, baby buggy, the Admiral's Cup, posture, localize, put together, keep in line, darnel, stroller, effectuate, go-cart, oil platform, semifinal, pushchair, coiffe, launch, siding, oil slick, congeal, vestments, outfit, material, articulated lorry, chad, attach, toggery, vestiary, raise, rear, ready, pram, gusher, semi, costume, automaton, coif, beguiler, camper, garment, countersink, guise, black box, turn out, direct elections, pose, clunker, clothes, found, automate, fake, wearables, swindle, automation, erect, typeset, contrivance, connect, limit, anchor, bearded darnel, wear, effect, big beast, togs, blowout, wangle, fit, offshore, election, go down, tackle, paraphernalia, alarm, manipulate, ATV, put in, disenfranchise, baby carriage, trucking rig, tare, attire, elect, lay, beach, habit, piece, thing, frame, pull wires, getup, weeds, passenger car, deceiver, assemble, oil rig, output, dress, equipment, kit, raiment, array, appoint, oilfield, gear, borehole, 4WD, give, habiliment, instal, put, oil well, all-terrain vehicle, campaign, oilman, sidetrack, ahoy, equip, duds, garb, slicker, tack, beauty contest, fructify, boater, fix, 18-wheeler, means, get-up, railroad siding, put on, turnout, fudge, adjust, accouterments, accouter, contraption, disconnect, ground, advance poll, tack together, chess, berth, accouterment, cheat, determine, close, gear up, hook into, bus, fishing tackle
- You must rig yourself up something extra! - "The Wandering Jew, Book II.", Eugene Sue.
- " Well," said Starbuck, " we kalkilate to gather early Christmas night in Hooper's Hollow and rig ourselves up Injun fashion, and then start for Spindler's with pitch- pine torches, and have a 'torchlight dance' around the house; them who does the dancin' and yellin' outside takin' their turn at goin' in and hevin' refreshment. - "Mr. Jack Hamlin's Mediation and Other Stories", Bret Harte.
- I must rig up a sitting- room for her, as I cannot have her in here. - "The Morals of Marcus Ordeyne", William J. Locke.