Definition of rig:
- A blast of wind.
- A ridge.
- A romp; a wanton; one given to unbecoming conduct.
- A sportive or unbecoming trick; a frolic.
- Dress; esp., odd or fanciful clothing.
- The peculiar fitting in shape, number, and arrangement of sails and masts, by which different types of vessels are distinguished; as, schooner rig, ship rig, etc. See Illustration in Appendix.
- To dress; to equip; to clothe, especially in an odd or fanciful manner; - commonly followed by out.
- To furnish with apparatus or gear; to fit with tackling.
- To make free with; hence, to steal; to pilfer.
- To play the wanton; to act in an unbecoming manner; to play tricks.
mark, fructify, outturn, define, oil rig, bearded darnel, semitrailer, fudge, vestments, position, order, misrepresent, trickster, semi, tackle, set, go down, pull wires, threads, borehole, coif, gear up, apparel, prepare, appoint, black box, cook, tack together, rags, equipment, cheating, habit, manipulate, fishing gear, guise, pull strings, limit, offshore, means, pram, fit, cheater, duds, attach, control, the Admiral's Cup, outfit, deceiver, materiel, camper, tractor trailer, bearing, coach, oilfield, plant, hook into, oilman, direct elections, determine, coiffe, assemble, camper van, pose, stroller, turn out, weeds, alarm, adjust, costumery, carriage, vesture, sic, garment, do, contraption, gear, go under, falsify, install, lay out, widening, disenfranchise, wear, articulated lorry, go-cart, put in, contrivance, close, cheat, disconnect, fit out, rigging, breakdown truck, fishing tackle, keep in line, costume, automate, darnel, instal, oil slick, the America's Cup, effectuate, perambulator, slicker, found, paraphernalia, entrap, ahoy, automation, getup, chad, passenger car, garments, jell, clothes, bail out, by-election, siding, tare, raise, clothing, set up, furnish, elect, fix, toggery, oil well, boater, put together, put, ambulance, give, sidetrack, boating, campaign, baby carriage, apparatus, specify, fake, dress, baby buggy, apparatus, gusher, equip, beauty contest, put up, electioneering, trucking rig, material, advance poll, all-terrain vehicle, lay, posture, equipment, establish, beguiler, ATV, clunker, attire, arrange, accouter, kit, canoe, congeal, array, 18-wheeler, 4WD, correct, accouterment, localize, raiment, equipage, clobber, railroad siding, accouterments, election, beach, get-up, semifinal, erect, ground, localise, thing, pusher, tack, connect, swindle, place, big beast, berth, turnout, togs, bus, fishing rig, rear, wangle, gear, pushchair, garb, typeset, launch, pitch, ready, trailer truck, chess, oil platform, automaton, habiliment, vestiary, ensnare, blowout, coiffure, piece, output, anchor, wearables, effect, put on, frame, countersink.
- "The Wandering Jew, Book II.", Eugene Sue.
" Well," said Starbuck, " we kalkilate to gather early Christmas night in Hooper's Hollow and rig ourselves up Injun fashion, and then start for Spindler's with pitch- pine torches, and have a 'torchlight dance' around the house; them who does the dancin' and yellin' outside takin' their turn at goin' in and hevin' refreshment.- "Mr. Jack Hamlin's Mediation and Other Stories", Bret Harte.
- "The Morals of Marcus Ordeyne", William J. Locke.