Definition of ripe:
- Advanced to the state of fitness for use; mellow; as, ripe cheese; ripe wine.
- Having attained its full development; mature; perfected; consummate.
- Like ripened fruit in ruddiness and plumpness.
- Maturated or suppurated; ready to discharge; - said of sores, tumors, etc.
- Ready for action or effect; prepared.
- Ready for reaping or gathering; having attained perfection; mature; - said of fruits, seeds, etc.; as, ripe grain.
- The bank of a river.
- To mature; to ripen.
- To ripen; to grow ripe.
skilful, astringent, stinking, well, adept, flavored, acidic, aged, skillful, opportune, crude, foul, dirty, honest, stinky, funky, secure, fiery, full, modern, fit, unspoiled, chocolatey, developed, enlightened, reeky, fruit, usable, experienced, smelly, increased, full-blown, late, yellow, advance, respectable, green, sound, strong, right-hand, stenchy, in effect, proper, enriched, seasonal, consummate, completed, in force, grown-up, mellowed, obscene, advanced, judicious, serious, unprepared, estimable, understanding, conditioned, ripened, reeking, unspoilt, chocolate, discerning, safe, frowzy, perfected, veracious, just, full-fledged, bitter, ruddy, dear, overripe, big, informed, tolerant, sagacious, nasty, bittersweet, frowsy, finished, fledged, right, perfected, candied, X-rated, proficient, red, fusty, subtle, mature, wise, correct, discreet, youth, acrid, sympathetic, sophisticated, high, practiced, rank, glace, adult, plump, icky, noisome, available, pitted, prime, versed, near, prepared, in advance, blue, undecomposed, foul-mouthed, brackish, beneficial, frowsty, musty, innovative, vitriolic, fetid, acid, seasoned, expert, grown, effective, malodorous, mealy, honorable, mellow, ready, abusive, full-grown, salutary, good, undeveloped, forward-looking, skilled, unfit, upright, forbearing, dependable.
- "The Crevice", William John Burns and Isabel Ostrander.
- "The Lash", Olin L. Lyman.
- "Lady Rose's Daughter", Mrs. Humphry Ward.