Definition of rising:
- Attaining a higher place; taking, or moving in, an upward direction; appearing above the horizon; ascending; as, the rising moon.
- Growing; advancing to adult years and to the state of active life; as, the rising generation.
- Increasing in wealth, power, or distinction; as, a rising state; a rising character.
- More than; exceeding; upwards of; as, a horse rising six years of age.
- of Rise
- That which rises; a tumor; a boil.
- The act of one who, or that which, rises ( in any sense).
on the increase, going up, advance, skyrocketing, slanting up, heading for the stars, gaining altitude, spiraling, heightening, upswinging, on the rise, sloping upward, emergent, climb, new, revolt, rise, going aloft, surging up, acclivitous, in the ascendant, ascension, rising slope, future, taking off, uphill, moving up, building, advancing, wage hike, procession, bull, upsurging, uprising, cost increase, improving, upgrade, emanation, boost, ascent, salary increase, emerging, up, rebellion, on the upswing, scandent, insurrection, wage increase, raise, hike, acclivity, up-and-coming, topping out, growing, increasing, upcoming, ascending.
- ascent (part of speech: noun)
- ascending (part of speech: verb)
- elevating (part of speech: verb)
- elevation (part of speech: noun)
- heightening (part of speech: verb)
- "Dialstone Lane, Part 1.", W.W. Jacobs.
- "Queechy, Volume II", Elizabeth Wetherell.
- "The Grain Of Dust A Novel", David Graham Phillips.