Definition of river:
- A large stream of water flowing in a bed or channel and emptying into the ocean, a sea, a lake, or another stream; a stream larger than a rivulet or brook.
- Fig.: A large stream; copious flow; abundance; as, rivers of blood; rivers of oil.
- One who rives or splits.
- To hawk by the side of a river; to fly hawks at river fowl.
estuary, deceive, desert, betray, artesian well, hot spring, course, leak, canal, current, jet, flow, condensation, rill, moisture, beck, trickle, drop, swell, outpouring, geyser, splash, tributary, spatter, branch, sip, feeder, cheat, wave, plenty.
- "Stories of Great Americans for Little Americans", Edward Eggleston.
- "Among Malay Pirates And Other Tales Of Adventure And Peril", G. A. Henty.
- "Siddhartha", Herman Hesse.