Definition of rocker :
1. A chair mounted on rockers; a rocking- chair.
2. A play horse on rockers; a rocking- horse.
3. A skate with a curved blade, somewhat resembling in shape the rocker of a cradle.
4. Any implement or machine working with a rocking motion, as a trough mounted on rockers for separating gold dust from gravel, etc., by agitation in water.
5. One of the curving pieces of wood or metal on which a cradle, chair, etc., rocks.
6. One who rocks; specifically, one who rocks a cradle.
7. Same as Rock shaft.
rock 'n' roll musician, chaise, chaise lounge, place of origin, back, Teddy boy, emo, provenance, cradle, chaise longue, punk, provenience, arm, birthplace, rocking chair, Goth, chesterfield, mod, backrest, armrest
chair (part of speech: noun)
furniture, rumble seat, straight chair, sedan chair, swivel chair, dining chair, campstool, pew, stool, armchair, swing, lawn chair, recliner, hassock, bench, saddle, chair, sofa, ottoman, deck chair, lounge chair, throne, bucket seat, bar stool, seat
- " Oh yes," assented Jimmy, as he sank back into the rocker and began propelling himself to and fro. - "Baby Mine", Margaret Mayo.
- The position of the valve being thus determined, the eccentric must be moved upon the driving axle until the valve spindle will connect with the rocker arm without being moved, or moving the valve at all. - "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II", Joshua Rose.
- His training as a carpenter made him useful, finding expression in an improvement on Daddy John's rocker, so they overlooked his inclination to lie off in the sun with his ragged hat pulled over his eyes. - "The Emigrant Trail", Geraldine Bonner.