Definition of roller:
- A bandage; a fillet; properly, a long and broad bandage used in surgery.
- A cylinder coated with a composition made principally of glue and molassess, with which forms of type are inked previously to taking an impression from them.
- A long cylinder on which something is rolled up; as, the roller of a man.
- A long, belt- formed towel, to be suspended on a rolling cylinder; - called also roller towel.
- A small wheel, as of a caster, a roller skate, etc.
- ANy insect whose larva rolls up leaves; a leaf roller. see Tortrix.
- Any one of numerous species of Old World picarian birds of the family Coraciadae. The name alludes to their habit of suddenly turning over or tumbling in flight.
- Any species of small ground snakes of the family Tortricidae.
- One of series of long, heavy waves which roll in upon a coast, sometimes in calm weather.
- One who, or that which, rolls; especially, a cylinder, sometimes grooved, of wood, stone, metal, etc., used in husbandry and the arts.
bowl, curlicue, curl, roster, bun, axial rotation, peal, wave, scroll, ringlet, crimper, study at wave, crimp, pealing, cast, drum roll, tumbler, rolling, rolling wave, coil, hair curler, axial motion, whorl, roll, billow, surge, breaker, bankroll, curler, tumbler pigeon, gyre, paradiddle.
- "The Golden Scarecrow", Hugh Walpole.
- "The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City", Laura Lee Hope.
- "Mary Minds Her Business", George Weston.