Definition of romantic:
- Characterized by strangeness or variety; suggestive of adventure; suited to romance; wild; picturesque; - applied to scenery; as, a romantic landscape.
- Entertaining ideas and expectations suited to a romance; as, a romantic person; a romantic mind.
- Of or pertaining to the style of the Christian and popular literature of the Middle Ages, as opposed to the classical antique; of the nature of, or appropriate to, that style; as, the romantic school of poets.
wild, drippy, amative, feelings, lyric, hope, courtly, adventurous, amorous, dreamy, ardent, daring, idealistic, idyllic, soupy, sobby, extravagant, romanticist, Utopian, real, chivalrous, sentimentalist, tear-jerking, amatory, loving, impractical, soppy, unrealistic, slushy, wild-eyed, romanticistic, bathetic, quixotic, gushy.
- endearing (part of speech: adjective)
- artistic style (part of speech: adjective)
- loving (part of speech: adjective)
- sensitive (part of speech: adjective)
- visionary (part of speech: noun)
- "The Rough Road", William John Locke.
- "There was a King in Egypt", Norma Lorimer.
- "Charlotte's Inheritance", M. E. Braddon.