Definition of roofing :
1. Hence, the roof itself; figuratively, shelter.
2. of Roof
3. The act of covering with a roof.
4. The materials of which a roof is composed; materials for a roof.
5. The wedging, as of a horse or car, against the top of an underground passage.
composition, brick, bitumen, assembly, boarding, roll roofing, asbestos, galvanized iron, tar, tile, straw, building, composition shingles, lay, copper, shake, aggregate, adobe, brownstone, wood shingles, assemblage, caulk, thatch, fortification, shingles, masonry, construction, develop, development, board, slate shingles, erection, tin, sod, roof, asphalt, cement, cover
- The roofing to be of slate, of good quality, and the rafters to be substantially framed, and suitable for slate roof. - "The Fairfax County Courthouse", Ross D. Netherton Ruby Waldeck.
- Railway stations built regardless of cost and the possibility of traffic; stone houses and waiting- rooms roofed with soft red tiles that are in such contrast to the red- washed corrugated iron roofing one sees in British East Africa. - "Sketches of the East Africa Campaign", Robert Valentine Dolbey.
- Outside, the frost is Arctic; you can hear the roofing shingles crackle now and then; and you wake up when the fire burns low. - "Masters of the Wheat-Lands", Harold Bindloss.