Definition of rosary:
- A bed of roses, or place where roses grow.
- A chapelet; a garland; a series or collection, as of beautiful thoughts or of literary selections.
- A coin bearing the figure of a rose, fraudulently circulated in Ireland in the 13th century for a penny.
- A series of prayers ( see Note below) arranged to be recited in order, on beads; also, a string of beads by which the prayers are counted.
beads, prayer beads, string of beads, series of prayers.
When the saint bestowed her garment upon Christ in the form of a beggar and gave Him the silver cross of her rosary, she was but realising His own words: 'Inasmuch as ye shall do it unto the least of these little ones, ye shall do it unto Me.- "Sketches and Studies in Italy and Greece, Vol III.", John Symonds.
- "Travels in the Great Desert of Sahara, in the Years of 1845 and 1846", James Richardson.
- "Four Phases of Love", Paul Heyse.