Definition of rose :
1. A diamond. See diamond, below.
2. A flower and shrub of any species of the genus Rosa, of which there are many species, mostly found in the morthern hemispere
3. A knot of ribbon formed like a rose; a rose knot; a rosette, esp. one worn on a shoe.
4. A perforated nozzle, as of a pipe, spout, etc., for delivering water in fine jets; a rosehead; also, a strainer at the foot of a pump.
5. A rose window. See window, below.
6. imp. of Rise.
7. of Rise
8. The card of the mariner's compass; also, a circular card with radiating lines, used in other instruments.
9. The color of a rose; rose- red; pink.
10. The erysipelas.
11. To perfume, as with roses.
12. To render rose- colored; to redden; to flush.
bluish, rose wine, broom, rosaceous, blackthorn, forsythia, roseate, flushed, azure, champagne, bougainvillea, bubbly, red, rose-colored, Chardonnay, gorse, bristle, the business end, pink, ruddiness, buddleia, edge, flush, baby-blue, avocado, butt, attachment, chromatic, coca, pink wine, claw, Bordeaux, bloom, chuck, Chablis, bit, reddish, burgundy, rosy, cognac, alfalfa, bird of paradise, broomstick, blush, beige, amber, alabaster, Chianti, amethyst, claret, blush wine, rosiness, dawn-tinted, brandy, rosebush, blade
colors (part of speech: noun)
ascended (part of speech: verb)
elevated (part of speech: verb)
flower (part of speech: noun)
fuchsia, crocus, fleur-de-lis, geranium, amaryllis, hawthorn, aster, edelweiss, mimosa, snowberry, water lily, snowball, petunia, primrose, magnolia, columbine, sweet william, ranunculus, marigold, hepatica, yucca, narcissus, clematis, camellia, hyacinth, chrysanthemum, rhododendron, azalea, spirea, black-eyed susan, wallflower, hibiscus, bluebell, flax, peony, cowslip, lotus, Queen Anne's lace, dahlia, anemone, forget-me-not, verbena, cornflower, oleander, hydrangea, jonquil, buttercup, jasmine, wisteria, trillium, mayflower, strawflower, indigo, orchid, baby's breath, daffodil, tulip, daisy, acacia, poppy, rosemary, dogwood, goldenrod, smilax, lavender, gladiolus, morning-glory, duckweed, pansy, lily, lilac, carnation, laurel, dandelion, larkspur, gardenia, flower, snapdragon, sweet pea, begonia, African violet, foxglove, foxtail, zinnia, viburnum, honeysuckle, poinsettia, bloodroot, heather, sunflower, lupine, lady's slipper, phlox, hollyhock, violet, iris, periwinkle
heightened (part of speech: verb)