Definition of rotate:
- Having the parts spreading out like a wheel; wheel- shaped; as, a rotate spicule or scale; a rotate corolla, i. e., a monopetalous corolla with a flattish border, and no tube or a very short one.
- To cause to succeed in turn; esp., to cause to succeed some one, or to be succeeded by some one, in office.
- To cause to turn round or revolve, as a wheel around an axle.
- To perform any act, function, or operation in turn, to hold office in turn; as, to rotate in office.
- To turn, as a wheel, round an axis; to revolve.
come out, prove, cut, bear, slip, spread out, arise, orb, fan out, splay, interchange, string out, circumvolve, open, eject, go-around, turn out, alternate, outflank, switch, exchange, pivot, exclude, turn off, luxate, switch off, turn up, rise, spread, scatter, expand, bypass, disperse, unfold, uprise, change, revolve, repetition, diffuse, chuck out, dissipate, dislocate, boot out, move, circle, short-circuit, orbit, get around, get up, turf out.
- "Pioneers of Science", Oliver Lodge.
- "A Handbook of Laboratory Glass-Blowing", Bernard D. Bolas.
- "The Colonists", Raymond F. Jones.