Definition of roundabout:
- A dance performed in a circle.
- A horizontal wheel or frame, commonly with wooden horses, etc., on which children ride; a merry- go- round.
- A short, close jacket worn by boys, sailors, etc.
- A state or scene of constant change, or of recurring labor and vicissitude.
- Circuitous; going round; indirect; as, roundabout speech.
- Encircling; enveloping; comprehensive.
set, roofy, carpool lane, cloverleaf, tautological, round, luggage carousel, teetotum, lap, bend, bike lane, paddling pool, forget me drug, band, devious, circuitous, synchronous converter, tortuous, straight, carrousel, climbing frame, merry-go-round, indirect, lot, circular, traffic circle, circle, twisty, bicycle lane, dress circle, rope, circumlocutionary, connection, camber, playhouse, sandpit, sandbox, rocking horse, whirligig, corner, roach, central reservation, jungle gym, top, rotary converter, anfractuous, shifty, carousel, luggage carrousel, oblique, seesaw, spinning top, monkey bars, rotary, words, repetition, rophy, deviating, zigzag, chicane.
- "The Wonder Island Boys: Exploring the Island", Roger Thompson Finlay.
- "The Spirit of the Border A Romance of the Early Settlers in the Ohio Valley", Zane Grey.
Now it is not reasonable, as we are allies, that our merchants should be obliged to send their cloths roundabout, not being allowed either to sell them in the United Provinces or to pass them through your territories.- "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete", John Lothrop Motley.