Definition of routine :
1. A round of business, amusement, or pleasure, daily or frequently pursued; especially, a course of business or offical duties regularly or frequently returning.
2. Any regular course of action or procedure rigidly adhered to by the mere force of habit.
moment, modus operandi, casual, telephone number, fleck, rule, crook, morsel, numeral, practise, turning, unremarkable, snatch, map, twist, mathematical function, identification number, terrene, bit, system, purpose, go, single-valued function, issue, human activity, workaday, play, procedure, part, mapping, bend, use, good turn, subprogram, quotidian, bout, process, deed, occasion, fashion, phone number, track, tour, terrestrial, enactment, social occasion, minute, human action, piece, usage, daily, methodical, flake, figure, mo, role, affair, round, social function, second, function, chip, grind, operation, bite, scrap, act, turn of events, action, number, habitude, groove, spot, subroutine, turn, office, spell
habitual (part of speech: adjective)
mediocre (part of speech: adjective)
habit (part of speech: noun)
habit, acclimation, leaning, tendency, temperament, second nature, daily grind, rut, tradition, conventionality, addiction, instinct, treadmill, fixed ways, way of life, mannerism, trait, wont, disposition, familiarity, lifestyle, regularity
mediocrity (part of speech: noun)
regularity (part of speech: noun)
regular (part of speech: adjective)
constant, monotonous, metronomic, normal, frequent, rhythmic, epochal, ordinary, mundane, predominating, steady, cyclical, universal, recurrent, average, periodic, continual, usual, prevailing, customary, commonplace, canonical, standard, stock, orthodox, traditional, everyday, chronic, general
- Then I paused and said, " So far, that's routine, Miss Cullen. - "The Great K. & A. Robbery", Paul Liechester Ford.
- Also, you must attend to your usual routine." - "The Deluge", David Graham Phillips.
- Nothing seemed to matter in a sense, and yet the little routine of life meant so much in its iron insistence. - "The Judgment House", Gilbert Parker.