Definition of royal:
- A royal spade.
- A small mortar.
- A small sail immediately above the topgallant sail.
- An old English coin. See Rial.
- Kingly; pertaining to the crown or the sovereign; suitable for a king or queen; regal; as, royal power or prerogative; royal domains; the royal family; royal state.
- Noble; generous; magnificent; princely.
- One of the soldiers of the first regiment of foot of the British army, formerly called the Royals, and supposed to be the oldest regular corps in Europe; - now called the Scots.
- One of the upper or distal branches of an antler, as the third and fourth tynes of the antlers of a stag.
- Printing and writing papers of particular sizes. See under paper, n.
- Under the patronage of royality; holding a charter granted by the sovereign; as, the Academy of Arts; the Society.
highborn, absolute, depose, paramount, kinglike, reigning, magnificent, court, noteworthy, unspeakable, countess, thorough, worthy, good, impressive, regal, aristocrat, hopelessly, large-hearted, supreme, ducal, respected, purple, imperial, awesome, noble, magnific, munificent, utter, proud, Count, the crown, violet, crown, superb, abdicate, ignoble, grandiose, accession, lofty, dominant, baronet, royal stag, resplendent, base, courteous, crowned, commendable, blue-blooded, baron, mean, utterly, chivalrous, splendid, olympian, accede, baroness, authoritative, empurpled, excruciating, sadly, commoner, regnant, sorry, gorgeous, queenly, praiseworthy, coronation, sublime, honorable, great-hearted, majestic, glorious, common, enviable, humble, dethrone, such as it is, aristocracy, over-embellished, gallant, elevated, high, monarchical, baronetcy, awe-inspiring, downright, purplish, ruling, archduke, illustrious, eminent, big, admirable, consort, commanding, superior.
- "Moonshine & Clover", Laurence Housman.
- "The Castle Inn", Stanley John Weyman.
- "A Boy's Ride", Gulielma Zollinger.