Definition of rubber:
- A coarse file, or the rough part of a file.
- A whetstone; a rubstone.
- An eraser, usually made of caoutchouc.
- An instrument or thing used in rubbing, polishing, or cleaning.
- An overshoe made of India rubber.
- In some games, as whist, the odd game, as the third or the fifth, when there is a tie between the players; as, to play the rubber; also, a contest determined by the winning of two out of three games; as, to play a rubber of whist.
- India rubber; caoutchouc.
- One who performs massage, especially in a Turkish bath.
- One who, or that which, rubs.
- Something that chafes or annoys; hence, something that grates on the feelings; a sarcasm; a rub.
- The cushion of an electrical machine.
synthetic rubber, dick, caoutchouc, no-count, preventative, rubberised, no-good, gumshoe, rubberize, base hit, safety, good-for-nothing, no-account, rubberise, hawkshaw, rubberized, meritless, condom, prophylactic, good-for-naught, galosh, guard, India rubber, preventive, safe, sorry, arctic, refuge, rubber eraser, safety device, impermeable, natural rubber, golosh, pencil eraser, gum elastic, bad.
- "The Fighting Chance", Robert W. Chambers.
- "Hildegarde's Harvest", Laura E. Richards.
- "For the Sake of the School", Angela Brazil.