Definition of rubbish :
1. Of or pertaining to rubbish; of the quality of rubbish; trashy.
2. Waste or rejected matter; anything worthless; valueless stuff; trash; especially, fragments of building materials or fallen buildings; ruins; debris.
glass, poppycock, chip, scum, bit, deoxyephedrine, fighting, shabu, litter, blather, methamphetamine, tripe, codswallop, wish-wash, trumpery, folderal, fight, meth, chalk, crap, hooey, idiocy, tomfoolery, falderol, bilge, frill, combat, apple sauce, tommyrot, twaddle, methamphetamine hydrochloride, folderol, piffle, knowledge, bull, drivel, scrap, crank, trash, claptrap, bunk, gimcrack, flake, chicken feed, fleck, bunkum, rigmarole, gimcrackery, ice, nonsense, applesauce
untruth (part of speech: noun)
waste (part of speech: noun)
- They now regretted having burned the heap of rubbish, which perhaps had contained something to throw light on the problem. - "Northern Diamonds", Frank Lillie Pollock.
- Even my great friend, Arthur Waldron, talks rubbish about everybody having to work sooner or later- not that he ever did. - "The Spinners", Eden Phillpotts.
- Leave off talking rubbish! - "French and Oriental Love in a Harem", Mario Uchard.