Definition of ruddy :
1. Of a lively flesh color, or the color of the human skin in high health; as, ruddy cheeks or lips.
2. Of a red color; red, or reddish; as, a ruddy sky; a ruddy flame.
3. To make ruddy.
rosy, blasted, aureate, blessed, full-blooded, execrable, rubicund, healthy, red-faced, sanguine, accursed, ruby-red, colors, flush, damned, cursed, blooming, blood-red, like, infernal, reddish, flamboyant, darn, florid, violent, reddened, damn, glowing, confounded, chromatic, cherry red, blamed, bronzed, bloody
red (part of speech: adjective)
- Her face was in shadow, but she had beautiful hair of a ruddy brown. - "A Bicycle of Cathay", Frank R. Stockton.
- This strange land with its ruddy twilight had become a labour beyond endurance. - "The Heart of Unaga", Ridgwell Cullum.
- Then he followed the trail at least three miles, a trail marked here and there by ruddy spots. - "The Hunters of the Hills", Joseph Altsheler.