Definition of rug:
- A kind of coarse, heavy frieze, formerly used for garments.
- A piece of thick, nappy fabric, commonly made of wool, -- used for various purposes, as for covering and ornamenting part of a bare floor, for hanging in a doorway as a potiere, for protecting a portion of carpet, for a wrap to protect the legs from cold, etc.
- A rough, woolly, or shaggy dog.
- To pull roughly or hastily; to plunder; to spoil; to tear.
carpet (part of speech: noun)
- woven mat,
- scatter rug,
- Wilton velvet,
- throw rug,
- India drugget,
- straw mat,
- paper fiber,
- area rug,
- floor covering,
- floor mat,
- "The Red Cross Girls with the Russian Army", Margaret Vandercook.
- "From the Housetops", George Barr McCutcheon.
There was really no reason in the world why Tom should not lie upon the great bear- skin rug in front of the library fire those cold winter nights if he wanted to, nor need anyone be surprised that he should want to.- "Andiron Tales", John Kendrick Bangs.