Definition of running:
- Continuous; keeping along step by step; as, he stated the facts with a running explanation.
- Discharging pus; as, a running sore.
- Extending by a slender climbing or trailing stem; as, a running vine.
- Flowing; easy; cursive; as, a running hand.
- Having a running gait; not a trotter or pacer.
- Moving or advancing by running.
- of Run
- Successive; one following the other without break or intervention; - said of periods of time; as, to be away two days running; to sow land two years running.
- That which runs or flows; the quantity of a liquid which flows in a certain time or during a certain operation; as, the first running of a still.
- The act of one who, or of that which runs; as, the running was slow.
- The discharge from an ulcer or other sore.
- trained and kept for running races; as, a running horse.
cut, rivulet, data track, cart track, running play, streamlet, campaign, rails, political campaign, runway, revolving, tally, course, rail, lead, speeding, trial, operating, rill, working, producing, functioning, outpouring, trail, raceway, test, falling, run, streak, runnel, path, caterpillar track, footrace, pouring, tumbling, operative, determining, awareness, discharge, caterpillar tread, ladder, foot race, cartroad, alive, action, running game, ravel, racecourse, racetrack, track.
- hasty (part of speech: adjective)
- liquefied (part of speech: adjective)
- extending (part of speech: verb)
- liquefying (part of speech: verb)
- running (part of speech: verb)
- moving (part of speech: verb)
- "Frank's Campaign or the Farm and the Camp", Horatio Alger, Jr..
- "Pagan & Christian Creeds Their Origin and Meaning", Edward Carpenter.
- "The Cardinal's Snuff-Box", Henry Harland.