Definition of rusty :
1. Covered or affected with rust; as, a rusty knife or sword; rusty wheat.
2. Discolored and rancid; reasty; as, rusty bacon.
3. Discolored; stained; not cleanly kept; filthy.
4. Impaired by inaction, disuse, or neglect.
5. Resembling, or covered with a substance resembling, rust; affected with rust; rubiginous.
6. Rust- colored; dark.
7. Surly; morose; crusty; sullen.
hoar, old, worn, white-haired, canescent, chromatic, neglected, rust-brown, grey-haired, grey, unskilled, rust, hoary, weak, gray-haired, grey-headed, crumbly, grizzly, out of practice, soft, rusted, gray-headed, gray, rotten
disused (part of speech: adjective)
- As she was hurrying back, she saw a thick rusty iron ring lying in the street: she picked it up, and kept on her way. - "The Lights and Shadows of Real Life", T.S. Arthur Edition: 10 Language: English.
- At the corner of the kitchen a rusty axe was sticking in a half- cut piece of timber, and on the porch was a heap of kindling and fire wood- the last work old Jasper and his son had ever done. - "A Cumberland Vendetta", John Fox, Jr..
- The man with the crowbar applied it to the rusty chain of the padlock. - "The Dew of Their Youth", S. R. Crockett.