Definition of sabre :
1. A sword with a broad and heavy blade, thick at the back, and usually more or less curved like a scimiter; a cavalry sword.
2. See Saber.
3. To strike, cut, or kill with a saber; to cut down, as with a saber.
cavalry sword, saber
- So I took your knife and his sabre. - "The Missourian", Eugene P. (Eugene Percy) Lyle.
- He held in his hand a lance and rested the other hand on his sabre. - "Iranian Influence on Moslem Literature, Part I", M. Inostranzev.
- Bash Tchelik, hearing this laughed and said: " My strength is in my sabre!" - "Hero Tales and Legends of the Serbians", Woislav M. Petrovitch.