Definition of sacred:
- Consecrated; dedicated; devoted; - with to.
- Designated or exalted by a divine sanction; possessing the highest title to obedience, honor, reverence, or veneration; entitled to extreme reverence; venerable.
- Hence, not to be profaned or violated; inviolable.
- Relating to religion, or to the services of religion; not secular; religious; as, sacred history.
- Set apart by solemn religious ceremony; especially, in a good sense, made holy; set apart to religious use; consecrated; not profane or common; as, a sacred place; a sacred day; sacred service.
- Solemnly devoted, in a bad sense, as to evil, vengeance, curse, or the like; accursed; baleful.
holy, saintly, dedicated, ineffable, divine, venerated, unnameable, devoted, respect, unutterable, hallowed, give, worthy, taboo, religious, set apart, sacrosanct, religion, include, blessed, sanctioned, revered, inspirational, sublime, sanctified, inviolable, numinous, ordained, reverend, pure, pious, reverenced, unspeakable, tabu, sacral, consecrate, inviolate, spiritual, consecrated.
- "A Knight Of The Nineteenth Century", E. P. Roe.
- "Haydn", John F. Runciman.
- "The Jolliest School of All", Angela Brazil.