Definition of safety:
- A safety touchdown.
- Freedom from whatever exposes one to danger or from liability to cause danger or harm; safeness; hence, the quality of making safe or secure, or of giving confidence, justifying trust, insuring against harm or loss, etc.
- Preservation from escape; close custody.
- Same as touchdown, below.
- Short for bicycle.
- The condition or state of being safe; freedom from danger or hazard; exemption from hurt, injury, or loss.
preventive, sentry duty, safeguard, bingle, precaution, guard duty, synthetic rubber, gumshoe, gum elastic, safety device, recourse, preventative, galosh, condom, shelter, fastener, resort, base hit, arctic, rubber eraser, asylum, prophylactic, guard, refuge, rubber, sanctuary, safe, natural rubber, assurance, lock, golosh, pencil eraser, sentry go, safeness, caoutchouc.
- "Civics and Health", William H. Allen.
- "Early Plays Catiline, The Warrior's Barrow, Olaf Liljekrans", Henrik Ibsen.
- "Somewhere in Red Gap", Harry Leon Wilson.