Definition of sagacious:
crafty, shrewd, penetrative, judicious, cunning, clear-eyed, politic, well-grounded, rational, wise, sage, sound, penetrating, sapient, discriminating, subtile, prudent, witty, levelheaded, keen, commonsensible, acute, sensible, commonsensical, reasonable, well-founded, sane, clear-sighted, balanced, reason, subtle, perspicacious.
- clairvoyant (part of speech: adjective)
- sagacious (part of speech: adjective)
- intelligent (part of speech: adjective)
- "Dickens As an Educator", James L. (James Laughlin) Hughes.
But it pleased a considerable portion of the public; and it so far satisfied Barbaja that the sagacious manager entrusted the young composer, now twenty years of age, with the libretto of Il Pirata, in which the principal part was to be written specially for Rubini.- "The Great Musicians: Rossini and His School", Henry Sutherland Edwards.
- "The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance", Harriet Martineau.