Definition of sailing :
1. of Sail
2. The act of one who, or that which, sails; the motion of a vessel on water, impelled by wind or steam; the act of starting on a voyage.
3. The art of managing a vessel; seamanship; navigation; as, globular sailing; oblique sailing.
boating (part of speech: verb)
sailing (part of speech: verb)
navigating (part of speech: verb)
- At last a Spanish man- of- war, carrying an admiral's flag, was sailing quite close to us, when a voice asked from her deck in English- " Can we render you any assistance?" - "Paddy Finn", W. H. G. Kingston.
- Yet even so, it was not all easy sailing for him. - "American Merchant Ships and Sailors", Willis J. Abbot.
- Many hours went by whilst she was seeing everything, and in her delight she did not observe that the ship was sailing away. - "Household Tales by Brothers Grimm", Grimm Brothers.