Definition of saint :
1. A person sanctified; a holy or godly person; one eminent for piety and virtue; any true Christian, as being redeemed and consecrated to God.
2. One canonized by the church.
3. One of the blessed in heaven.
4. To act or live as a saint.
5. To make a saint of; to enroll among the saints by an offical act, as of the pope; to canonize; to give the title or reputation of a saint to ( some one).
nonpareil, beau ideal, beatification, canonize, enshrine, mensch, sainthood, philanthropist, Samaritan, backer, treasure, exaltation, canonise, martyr, perfection, savior, shrine, benefactor, fairy godmother, deification, name day, idol, sainted, holy man, star, nonesuch, nonsuch, holy person, go-to guy, ideal, saint's day, apotheosis, Patrick, St., dear, patron saint, Andrew, St.
good person (part of speech: noun)
- What must the knight, who but yesterday, she knew, had looked up to her as to a saint, think of her now? - "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- They're advancing, too, Robert, to the lake that they call Saint Sacrement, and that we call George. - "The Hunters of the Hills", Joseph Altsheler.
- The king, who was nearest, turned to pass it to him; at the sight of it he uttered his dear " ventre- saint- gris!" - "Helmet of Navarre", Bertha Runkle.