Definition of saline:
- A crude potash obtained from beet- root residues and other similar sources.
- A metallic salt; esp., a salt of potassium, sodium, lithium, or magnesium, used in medicine.
- A salt spring; a place where salt water is collected in the earth.
- Consisting of salt, or containing salt; as, saline particles; saline substances; a saline cathartic.
- Of the quality of salt; salty; as, a saline taste.
AZT, boiling, methadone, cortisone, briny, milk of magnesia, laudanum, codeine, salty, salt, hard, dilute, aerated, soft, brackish, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, aspirin, chlorinated, rolling, flowing, saline solution, alkaline, lithium.
- "Something Else Again", Franklin P. Adams.
Cigars that I smoked made from this leaf, and which are much smoked in the vicinity of Santiago de Cuba, I found had a peculiar saline taste which was very unpleasant, as also a slight degree of bitterness; many smokers, however, become very fond of this flavor.- "Tobacco; Its History, Varieties, Culture, Manufacture and Commerce", E. R. Billings.
- "Tobacco; Its History, Varieties, Culture, Manufacture and Commerce", E. R. Billings.