Definition of salutary :
1. Promotive of, or contributing to, some beneficial purpose; beneficial; advantageous; as, a salutary design.
2. Wholesome; healthful; promoting health; as, salutary exercise.
proficient, dependable, healthsome, full, just, hygienic, ripe, healthful, adept, well, respectable, propitious, good, strong, practiced, skilful, right, skillful, in effect, beneficial, undecomposed, in force, honorable, salubrious, serious, health, honest, profitable, benefic, useful, estimable, unspoiled, safe, benignant, favorable, unspoilt, toward, expert, sound, dear, vigorous, effective, hearty, nutritious, beneficent, sanitary, healthy, upright, near, help, secure, hale, wholesome
beneficial (part of speech: adjective)
- The antients very gratefully gave the merit of every useful and salutary invention to the Gods. - "A New System; or, an Analysis of Antient Mythology. Volume II. (of VI.)", Jacob Bryant.
- In 1840 he received a call from the L. J. S. to go as a missionary to Berlin, where, by his learning and piety and loving disposition, he made a salutary impression upon the Jews. - "Some Jewish Witnesses For Christ", Rev. A. Bernstein, B.D..
- Therefore inflammation in itself is not to be considered a disease, but a salutary operation consequent either to some violence or to some disease. - "The American Reformed Cattle Doctor", George Dadd.