Definition of salvation :
1. Saving power; that which saves.
2. The act of saving; preservation or deliverance from destruction, danger, or great calamity.
3. The redemption of man from the bondage of sin and liability to eternal death, and the conferring on him of everlasting happiness.
reprieve, rebirth, agent, assurance, self-defense, acolyte, salvage, ancillary, cardinal sin, commandment, security, aid, buyback, safekeeping, the Cross, assistant, custody, advance person, administrative assistant, Eden, ally, forgiveness, accomplice, the Crucifixion, regeneration, the Creation, release, sanctuary, aide, the Fall, mercy, canonical, redemption, canon law, protection, safe passage, conservation, safeguard, defense, help, exemption, delivery, liberation, repurchase, justification, creationism, self-preservation
deity (part of speech: noun)
heroine, Christ, goddess, Holy Ghost, godhead, Providence, omnipotence, Almighty, Son of God, Prince of Peace, hero, Son of Man, redeemer, Messiah, Jesu, creator, King of the Jews, Savior, Trinity, absolute, demigod, Jesus, idol, maker, Lamb of God, infinite, Jehovah, deity, judge, divinity, dieu, Jesus Christ, omniscience, muse, King of Kings, all-powerful, inspiration, Lord, God
rescue (part of speech: noun)
- From the States the truth shall come, salvation shall dawn in the west. - "This Is the End", Stella Benson.
- There Gorvenal opened to her very gladly, knowing what salvation she could bring. - "The Romance Of Tristan And Iseult", M. Joseph Bédier.
- In war alone lay the salvation of England and Holland. - "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete", John Lothrop Motley.